Sunday, June 10, 2012


Okay This Looks Familiar
I remember opening my eyes. I'm sitting in this grey classroom. There are uncovered fluorescent bulbs on the ceiling. I look around and I'm the only one in the room. There are no desks; instead, there are long tables with three chairs each. There is an old chalk board on the wall but nothing is written on it.The classroom reminds me of the rooms in my old junior high school. I am all alone or so it seems.

The Passage To Another World
I can't help but noticing the light through the window of the door to the classroom. It is strange because it is on the other side of the glass, it is not shining through. Suddenly the door begins to slowly open and all I can see is the bright beautiful light on the other side. It is so bright but it does not hurt my eyes. I feel drawn to it. I realize I must be dead.

The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death
The next thing I know is that I am up and walking toward the light on the other side of the door. It is so beautiful that mere words can't describe it. I feel a peace that I have never felt before. At that very moment, I hear voices to my right. I look to see what it is. I find myself looking in on the lives of the people that mean the most to me. I can see my father lamenting over my situation. I can feel his hurt and concern. I see my best friend crying. I see my precious little girl worrying about her daddy. I feel helpless. Next, I hear voices to my left. I look to the left and what I see is very different. There are people lined up trying to talk to me as I slowly walk by them making my way to the light. I know these people well. They are the people that I have allowed to suck the life out of me. As they talk to me they reach out towards me and then I see it. I see their faces distort. My best description is that they are something between human and demon. At that very moment I remember what I had experienced in the hospital room, "Son I'm going to show you the things in your life that are killing you!" What a profound moment. But wait did I waste it? Do I get a chance to change or is it over? I stop just short of the doorway. I am hesitant to walk into the light. I can hear the voices of my loved ones that I am about to leave behind and I pause. I love them with all my heart and I don't know if they will be okay without me. But the light, the beautiful light and the peace that radiates from it are drawing me in. Nothing is stopping me from walking in but I choose not to.

A Familiar Face
Someone is walking towards me from the light. I can't believe what I am seeing. My mother who died in 1997 is standing on the other side of the door. She looks me straight in the eyes. I feel tears of joy building up inside of me. I want to hug her and kiss her. I want to tell her how much I've missed her. I want to tell her how I wish she had been there to see Hannah grow up. I want to tell her my little brother is doing good. There are so many things I want to say but all that comes out is one word. Mom? She smiles and calms me with her loving eyes. I don't want this to end. I can see something else in the light coming closer. It is my dog Beodie. He is young again and full of life. He is beautiful. I am awe struck and speechless. I look back at my mom and she simply says, "Not yet Zach. They need you. You still have work to do."

The Return Home
The next thing I know is that it feels like somebody grabbed me by the back of my britches and pulls me backwards rapidly through time and space. I find myself looking down at my body on the table. Wait, I think the doctor is calling it. Maybe I am dead. One of the nurses says hit him again. The doctor holds the paddles waiting for the machine to charge. I'm thinking God please give me another chance. God please let me live. God please let me try and make a difference. God I will do my best! PLEASE!!! The doctor puts those paddles on my chest and my prayers are answered. I open my eyes. But I am not the same.

8 comments:

  1. Wow!
    As you write this post by post, consider at the end to have an e-book ready to go. You are an excellent story teller!

    I can tell that you have not taken lightly the work God has for you! Looking forward to the next post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. This was the hardest one to write and I appreciate your kind words. You are right I will not take it lightly:)

      Delete
  2. You're right. God isn't done with you yet. I know He will be faithful to show you where He needs you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, I really appreciate your kindness. Thanks for reading it.

      Delete
  3. Thank you for opening up to us! You have such an incredible and inspiring story to tell. I know you will move mountains!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to make yourself vunerable but I knew I had to tell the story. Thanks for your support. I always value your opinion.

      Delete
  4. Very inspiring and uplifting. To know someone personally who has experienced this, reinforces to all of us, that what awaits us on the other side, is truly beyond explanation. What a wonderful gift you, and we, have been given as we reap the benefits of your experience. Keep up the good work, and remember.....Balance, Balance, Balance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Zach!
    It sounds unbelievable! This mystery of miraculous salvation makes me tremble all over...
    All is good now! I wish health, prosperity and fulfillment to you and precious yours.
    Natalia
    Lady_N_lady

    ReplyDelete